Patient – Physician Partnership
- Harassment of staff is not tolerated—verbally over the phone, over electronic communication, or in person. Such behaviour is grounds for immediately dismissal from the practice.
- Prescription refills are not routinely filled via fax. Your provider has chosen an appropriate number of refill based on when he or she feels you require a clinical re-assessment. This re-assessment cannot be completed via a fax refill. Your pharmacist can provide you with an emergency supply of most medications until you are able to make an appointment with your regular provider.
- No-show appointments are frustrating for everyone. It wastes an appointment slot that could be utilized by another patient. If you are unable to attend (or running late), please notify the clinic as soon as possible so another patient can utilize that appointment. A fee will be charged for no-shows and patients with a recurrent pattern of no-shows may be limited in their future ability to schedule appointments.
Doctors & Patients: Partners in Health
- Health care provided by the same family doctor over time, leads to more satisfied patients and better health care.
- As your family doctor, it’s my job to provide you with medical care, maintain your medical record and coordinate referrals to other health care providers when they are needed.
- As my patient, your role in your own health care is to try to see me and my team first for your health care needs since we know your health history and goals.
- This helps avoid duplicate tests, medication errors and even hospitalizations. Ultimately, it helps me to provide you with better, safer care.
As your family doctor, I and my practice team agree to:
Provide you with the best care that I can
Coordinate any specialty care you may need
Offer you timely access to care, to the best of my ability
Maintain an ongoing record of your health
Keep you updated on any changes to services offered at my clinic
Communicate with you honestly and openly so we can best address your health care needs
As my patient, I ask that you:
Seek your health care from me and my team whenever possible and, in my absence, through my colleague(s):
Name me as your family doctor if you have to visit an emergency facility or another provider
Communicate with me honestly and openly so we can best address your health care needs